If you even need to migrate your WordPress site to a different domain name, or add an SSL certificate to it, you must update the URLs in your database in order for your site to function
This feature fixes that problem by helping you change old urls and links in your website with simple steps.
Step 1 ) Go to Dashboard=>Tool=>WP-DB Backup > Settings > Search and Replace
- In the first field titled ‘Search for:’, enter your current http URL. For example:
- In the second field titled ‘Replace with:’, enter your new URL. For example:
- Click on ‘Save’
Correct “Replace with”:
Search For: http://localhost/wordpress/
Replace With: http://neuweb.com/
Note : Leave blank those fields if you don’t want to use this feature and want only regular Database backup.
Step 2) Select Tables – if you want only exclude tables from search and replace text then Go to Dashboard=>Tool=>WP-DB Backup > Setting > Exclude Table From Database Backup setting. The tables you selected will be skipped over for each backup you make.
Step 3) Click on ‘Create New Database Backup with Search/Replace’ (Dashboard->Tool->WP-DB-Backup)
Step 4) Download Database Backup file. Backup file has new data with replaced text.
There following reasons you will need to update the URLs in your database.
- Moving to a different domain name ex. wpdatbasebackup.com to wpallbackup.com
- Moving to a sub-directory wpseeds.com to wpseeds.com/wpdatbasebackup
- Change WordPress directories on existing server
- Adding an SSL certificate http://wpseeds.com to https://wpseeds.com
- Cloning site – http://site1.com to https://site2.com
- Migration – When moving your WordPress site to a new domain or server, you will likely run into a need to run a search and replace on the database for everything to work correctly. http://localhost to https://site.com
- Users can choose whether to update links for attachments
- Search & replace data in your WordPress database Backup File
- Handle serialized data
- Download backup file with new replace data
- Change table prefix
- The ability to select specific tables
Note – This is Search & replace data in your WordPress database Backup File not in current Database installation.
After Creating backup using Search & replace feature and you are going to restore the database please make sure that you have taken existing destination database backup.