Import SQL Files into MySQL Databases Using phpMyAdmin
We’ll assume that you’ve already exported your database, and it is either a .sql, zip, or tar.gz file. You should have already created the new database that you’re importing into as well.
- Log into cPanel
- Open phpMyAdmin by clicking the phpMyAdminicon
- Select the database in the left menu that you will be working with
- Click Import in the top menu
- Under File to Import, click Browse and select the backup file you previously created (it will be either a .sql .zip or .tar.gz file).
- Click Go at the bottom right
- When the database has been imported successfully, you should see a message at the top of the page similar to: Import has been successfully finished, ## queries executed.Congratulations, you have just imported a database!