- WordPress started in 2003
- It was first released on May 27, 2003, by its founders, Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little
- WordPress is an Open Source project
- WordPress was used by more than 22.0% of the top 10 million websites as of August 2013
- WordPress is the most popular blogging system in use on the Web, at more than 60 million websites
What You Can Use WordPress For
WordPress started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system.
- Personal blog
- Business website
- Professional portfolio
- Government website
- Magazine or news website
- E-commerce Application
- Flexibility : With WordPress, you can create any type of website you want
- Publish with Ease : You can create Posts and Pages, format them easily.
- User Management
- Easy Theme System
- Extend with Plugins
- Built-in Comments
- Search Engine Optimized
- Easy Installation and Upgrades
Famous Brands That Use WordPress
WordPress is a powerful semantic publishing platform, and it comes with a great set of features designed to make your experience as a publisher on the Internet as easy, pleasant and appealing as possible.
WordPress web development advantages
1. Flexibility and lower cost of development: Being an open source CMS WordPress is free, does not involve licensing cost and has no restrictions on modifications, additions or changes to the code.
2. Customizable: WordPress CMS is the ideal platform to build websites customized to any requirements or budget,be it a small individual website, blog, an e-commerce website or a complex web portal optimized for search engines.
3. WordPress has a large pool of themes and ready-made plugins.
4. Using WordPress you can build powerful, intuitive, interactive, visually engaging and feature rich websites as it has rich in text editors as well as rich multimedia support like high definition images, audio, video, animation,etc.
5. It is easy to use, configure and setup, it is simple & convenient and does not need specialized programming kills.
6. WordPress comes packed with all core features like membership management and content management and provides powerful search engine optimization features built in to the site to handle traffic intensive websites capable of handling high loads while still remaining responsive.
7. WordPress provides multi-lingual support and easy administrative interface for managing websites including multi user accounts, role assignments, workflows, menu management, and layout customizations.