When you export a database, you are creating a backup file of the database. This backup file is usually a .sql file (a text file), and can be used to copy and import the database onto another server. In this article we’ll show you how to export your database.
Log into cPanel and follow below steps :
- Log into phpMyAdmin
- Click the database you are working with in the left menu
- Click Export in the top menu
- Under the Export heading, ensure that all of your tables are selected and that the SQL option is selected.
- Under the Options heading, ensure that you have selected, Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION
- Ensure the Save as file option (towards bottom of page) is checked. If you think you database is quite large, choose either “zipped” or “gzipped” to compress the file so it will be easier to download. If you choose none, you will be save the file without compression (which is OK, you don’t have to compress the file).
- Click Go
- You will be prompted to either open or save the file. Please select the option to save the file and then save the somewhere you’ll remember (such as directly on your desktop).
Congratulations, you have just exported a copy of your database!