When you create a database, many users are unaware that there are several other items that you need to do as well. The new database creation process actually involves:
- Creating a database
- Creating a database user
- Giving your database user access to work with your database
Luckily for us, cPanel includes a MySQL Database Wizard that walks you through each of these steps.
- Log into your cPanel
- Click the MySQL Database Wizard under the Databases heading
- Next to New Database enter a name for your database and click Next Step
- Next to Username enter a username.
- Enter a password next to Password, enter it again for Password (Again) and then click Create User
- On the next page, you’ll assign privileges for the user to the database. Check the box next to All Privileges and then click Next Step.
Congratulations, you have just successfully created a database!